Be an Acres Conference All-Star:
• Catch a flick: We work hard to bring exciting, informative films to each conference for your viewing pleasure. The films are shown around lunchtime (12:30 p.m.), so check the conference schedule and don’t miss out. This year’s selections include: Sustainable and Inhabit: A Permaculture Perspective.
• Meet the Author! We hold numerous book signings throughout the conference. Check the schedule, buy the books in our on-site bookstore, meet the author and get your copy signed from eco-ag greats like Dr. Vandana Shiva, Michael Phillips and André Leu.
• Get your questions answered in Consulting Halls: Meet with top eco-ag consultants in a small-group setting … a rare opportunity to obtain valuable advice specific to your farm’s needs.
• Trade Show: Don’t forget to visit the more than 100 vendors of high-quality eco-inputs and innovations in our Trade Show. Whether you are looking for a specific product or want to pick someone’s brain, the trade show delivers.
• Nutritious eats: No need to leave the hotel in search of quality food (although there are lots of great options in Columbus …we’ll highlight a few later) with Miller’s Organic Farm and Market 65 located in the Trade Show.
• Continued learning: Each conference keynote speech and all lecture sessions are recorded live. The recordings are available during the conference as they are produced and full sets of CDs and MP3s are available after the conference.
• On-Site Bookstore: Take advantage of excellent prices on all our titles…without worrying about shipping!
• Top-Tier Keynoters: Treat yourself to a mind-expanding session each evening at 7:30 p.m. including soil ecologist Dr. Christine Jones, author and activist Dr. Vandana Shiva and author Courtney White.
• Get Social!: Don’t forget to follow Acres U.S.A. on Facebook and Twitter for news and tips about what’s going on in Columbus … and share your photos and comments with your fellow attendees using #acresconf17.
Pens/Notepad/Notebook (You’ll want to take lots of notes. It also helps to write your name on your notebook and on your conference tote bag, in case they get left behind in a session.)
Business/Contact Cards (You will be meeting people with the same farm interests/business needs and ideas — take advantage!)
Reusable Water Bottle (The warm air can be pretty dry indoors in the wintertime.)
Backpack (Many folks find this useful to help bring their supplies, especially if they are leaving and coming back to the hotel throughout the day.)
Badge (When you check in, you’ll receive a name badge. Please don’t misplace your badge, and remember to wear it each day as you’ll need to display it for admission to all conference events and the trade show.)
Conference Program (When you check in, we’ll give you a nifty tote bag designed for this year’s meeting. Inside the bag will be helpful resources including a full conference program including the list of events, times and locations as well as information about the speakers, a map of the Trade Show with information about each vendor and more. Keep it handy!)
Comfortable Shoes (Trust us on this one.)
Hyatt Regency Columbus, 350 North High Street Columbus, OH 43215
Traveling by Air: The Columbus airport, officially known as John Glenn Columbus International Airport (airport code CMH), is served by many major airlines, making travel convenient from anywhere in the world. The airport is located only 6 miles from the Hyatt Regency Columbus.
Here are a few recommendations: